Technical Writer (6 Month Contract)
|February 25, 2013 - March 21, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Depends on experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Parata Systems is seeking self-motivated technical writers who are passionate about their profession and committed to excellence in the field of technical communication. We seek skilled interviewers who can derive technical content from software and hardware engineers, and render conceptual and process-driven information into a variety of formats with clarity and precision. |
* Writes user documentation for pharmacy automation products.
* Writes technical instructions for installation and maintenance of pharmacy automation products.
* Follows Parata style guides and templates.
* Annotates photos and screenshots to enhance and clarify instructions.
* Creates diagrams, flowcharts and tables to present information logically and concisely.
* Ideally, provides “before and after” writing samples that demonstrate inventiveness and excellence.
* Contains ample evidence of the candidate’s skill in organizing and executing complex writing projects.
* Adobe FrameMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Word, Visio
* Experience with single-source authoring methodologies and online Help systems a plus
The successful applicant will possess these qualities:
* Able to analyze, integrate, organize and articulate complex information for nontechnical and technical audiences.
* Able to observe and document complex mechanical and troubleshooting procedures in clear, concise language.
* Recognizes that information provided by SMEs may not always be comprehensive, and continues to query his or her sources until the topic or procedure has been accurately and thoroughly documented.
Parata is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, gender, national origin or citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.