Technical Support Specialist
|February 14, 2013 - August 13, 2013|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Technical Assistance Center|
|Description:||IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION FOR THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Provide entry-level technical phone support and problem resolution for customers of Parata’s pharmacy automation products. Instruct customers and field employees in the basic operation and maintenance of the hardware, software and related network and database applications. Current hours of operation are 8AM to 11PM seven days a week, including holidays. Weekend shifts and holiday coverage will be required on a rotational basis.
Current openings are for a yet to be determined shift and require flexibility to work Monday through Sunday. Rotational on-call duties are required after-hours (3rd shift) and on weekends.
Previous experience troubleshooting technical products in person or via telephone is crucial. Prior customer service experience and strong computer skills are a must.
|Duties:||- Provides level one technical support in a call center environment. Consults with Field Service Engineers and other support staff; applies technical knowledge to diagnose problem; refers to technical manuals and schematics; requests assistance, as necessary, from more senior staff; following-up with local service personnel to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.|
- Maintains problem ownership & accountability. Follows up on problems, identifies recurring issues, process status, and follow through with customer.
- Maintains documentation and service reports via electronic reporting.
- Maintains a knowledge base of the products, prices and services available to the customer
- Operates within acceptable parameters and call handling expectations
- Fosters positive customer relations by responding to complaints/inquires in a cooperative, supportive, and professional manner; resolving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- May represent Call Center interests on cross functional project teams as needed.
|Qualifications:||EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:|
- Associates degree in business or technical field (preferred) with 1-2 years experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Software knowledge; Microsoft certification or IT support experience a plus.
- Proven customer service experience in a technical support environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated technical ability. Ability to comprehend technical issues & read technical manuals
- Possess solid customer service skills. Ability to ensure effective troubleshooting techniques with end users of various levels of technical expertise.
- Excellent communication skills including good grammar, enunciation and listening skills
- Highly motivated to provide superior customer care
- Familiarity with basic networking hardware and software components
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated individual with strong work ethics
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to extend him/herself beyond the specified workday as required by the situation
- Possess the skill set necessary to document practices and procedures
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.