Field Support Engineer (Rochester/Syracuse)
|September 24, 2012 - October 12, 2012|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $55,000 (depending on experience)|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Supplemental Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), EAP|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||FSE Ė North|
|Description:||CANDIDATES MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES ON A PERMANENT BASIS.|
YOU MUST ANSWER THE SCREENING QUESTIONS AT THE END OF THE APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB.
Will provide advanced level technical support through the performance of on-site servicing and repair of complex pharmacy automation equipment and systems. Inspect and approve operational quality of system equipment. Lead new project teams as required and assist in the creation and updating of technical information. Provide advanced level technical support through the performance of onsite servicing and repair of complex medical equipment and systems. Check out and approve operational quality of system equipment. Lead new project teams as required and assist in the creation and updating of technical information.
|Duties:||- Installation, calibration, testing, maintenance and repair of pharmacy automation equipment and systems in a retail pharmacy environment. Manages installation assignments and assigned customers within a territory. |
- Maintains documentation and service reports via electronic reporting.
- Provides strong customer service and problem resolution skills at new and existing client sites. Ensures customer satisfaction and maximum uptime by maintaining equipment functionality and troubleshooting and repairing hardware and software related problems. Monitors status of problem resolution at all times.
- Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Mentors entry-level service engineers.
- Increases knowledge, skills and abilities with focus on becoming a technical expert on Parata RDS.
- Visits customers regularly to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. In addition to customer visits, also attends trade shows and is available for last minute escalations.
- Applies technical expertise and statistical analysis techniques to diagnose problems; refers to technical manuals and schematics as needed.
- Ensures technical information is updated by assisting in the review and edit service manuals, service bulletins and product reference material.
- Develops and implements programs for advanced product training. Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) by providing detailed technical training. Assists entry level Support Engineers to shorten the learning curve on new products.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Fosters positive customer relations by responding to complaints/inquires in a cooperative, supportive, and professional manner; resolving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
|Qualifications:||EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:|
Associates degree in Electronics Engineering, Biomedical Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Bachelorís degree preferred. 3-5 years experience in medical or complex business equipment service preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Basic knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft operating systems (Windows 2000, XP, and DOS commands).
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to use tools to perform mechanical work.
- Previous training experience strongly preferred.
- True commitment to customer satisfaction with account management experience.
- Must be a highly responsible professional who can perform work independently with little supervision
- Employee must have clean driving record
- Employee must have ability to pass a drug-screening after accepting an offer of employment
Parata is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, gender, national origin or citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteranís status.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.